T & TV INSTITUTE OF NURSING
LEPROSY DAY CELEBRATION
World leprosy day the theme was ” ACT NOW, END LEPROSY”
On January 31st, 2023 3rd year GNM students have celebrated the World Leprosy Day at, Katargam Saheri Samuhik Arogya Kendra, Surat respectively at 9:00 AM to 11 AM. The programme coordinator was Ms. Krishna Goswami, Ms. Jigisha Chaudhari and Ms. Bhumika Parmar.
The program activity contains chart exhibition and role-play . These include:
- Charts: There were total 22 numbers of charts:
- Which represents leprosy, stigma associated with leprosy, sign and symptoms, transmission non-transmission, treatment and theme of leprosy day.
- The special emphasis was given on prevention and effect of covid 19 on leprosy, role of nurse, and government initiatives for leprosy patients.
- Role Play: For Role play total 12 number of students have participated:
- The moral of the role play was to raise awareness of leprosy and call end to leprosy related stigma, discrimination and isolation.
- During the role play around 150 patient and their relative, medical officer and staff nurses were present at Katargam Saheri Samuhik Arogya Kendra.
- After role play the community people were asking the question regarding leprosy.
For the day celebration we have guided by our respected principal sir Mr. Jimmyjames mogaria, as well as the medical officer of center Ms. Rinkal Patel. after the role play Mam has given speech regarding leprosy, focusing on the theme which indicates elimination is possible with the help of resources and commitment to end leprosy and appreciated our students activities.
At this event many community people given their a valuable presence and made this awareness meaningful and more successful.